About the Schools
In the mid-1800’s missionaries purchased land and built schools where the poorest Pakistanis could be educated. The quality of the education received at these schools was greatly applauded and continued to flourish for close to a century. Then, in 1972, some of these schools were nationalized by the Pakistani government. The quality of education suffered and the buildings fell into disrepair.
In 1998 the government began returning the schools to PEB and the task of restoring the schools to their previous excellent condition was started. This has been a major task over the past decade, but the work is being accomplished thanks in large part to contributions from churches, organizations, and individuals in the United States and around the world. Funding is critical and donations are urgently needed to continue this work of providing quality, affordable education to deserving youngsters. Each school has a list of students waiting to be admitted. New construction and renovation of existing buildings is currently taking place at Sargodha, Martinpur, and Pasrur to accommodate these students.
Visit the PEB website to learn more about the schools, what is happening there, and the specific needs of each school.